Thursday, January 14, 2010

PetNames

Besides the first dog I can remember, I was the one given the task of naming our pets.
CHINA- a fluffy white puppy given to us by my Aunt Anita was "put out of her misery by shot gun" after exuberantly following my brother as he cleaned the garage. A child's car seat hooked to wall fell on her head. It was not pleasant.
IVY- Albino Ferret that made it through our house burning down, finding him in the old chicken coop in the back. Later he escaped from our new house and was mistaken for a rat in the neighborhood and beaten with a baseball bat. OH! but he survived, without a tail so his balance was always slightly off thereafter.
STOLI- First Pit Bull we owned. He was great but was stolen one night. I think my dad's shot gun to scare the thieves off kind of assisted in the dog running towards them more.
CLEO- My first pet tree frog. I even enjoyed gathering crickets from the back alleys of large buildings for her. Me accidentally killing her under a pile of shoes was a bit more hurtful I'd like to admit a frog would cause.
SKILLET- The last dog. Cause my brother used to say home-skillet alot. and i got uncreative and uninterested at the age of 19.

Now we own a cat named Brain which I think Todd did for us. So I think i have relinquished that responsibility. :)

OH! but not a petname.. but i am proud to have chosen my nephews name most recently.
Drum Roll Please... Lucas Alexander Cortez. Well I cant take credit for the last name. If i say so myself, that's a regal name indeed.

-Susandia was named after her father's ex-girlfriend.

1 comment:

*susy* said...

ha! and today i fall upon a missed oratorio.. Handel's Susanna was performed last night at a nearby church.. sigh.