Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Nowhere Feather

Dreaming that I awake on my parents bed.
I lay, my eye catches the ceiling vent; a feather falls throught it. It floats down, beautifully with a sway and i watch it with a smile. my finger catches it, feeling its delicacy, its peculiar engineering.
A slight pause...enjoying..examining..
I look up for more Nowhere Feathers. Two more fall. I welcome them, leaning up to catch them. Like a snow I'd never felt, they kiss my face. my soft smile to a happy giggle.
Faster... the flurry of Nowhere Feathers pushing themselves out of the vent. Swimming in the bed of softness, in puddle of "leaves" my body stretching capturing them all. My joyous laughter as my palms grip at them.
a flicker of reality pricks at my fingertip when i dont feel the bed under me.
...
Searching, digging, nothing. Just feathers. The panic of the realization.. A sudden short breath as i watch them stuff past the vent. My small body suddenly seeming what it truely is, small, fragile and without escape. With suffocating resistance i stand, waste deep, climbing the very mountain. My fingers tipping the vents latch.. reaching, stretching as the Nowhere Feathers stick at my lips.
Where are they all coming from.. stop.
my mind pleads!

i wake up in a panic as my sister comes to my rescue.

1 comment:

*susy* said...

it's relieving to look back at this post, even a day later, and not relate to that relentless suffocation i felt while writing it.